Legends No. 126
Legends safe no. 126 comes from Marseille and was manufactured in 1821 by the Charf brothers. It is the only safe of its kind preserved in the world. The distinctive craftsmanship of French safe smiths of the early 19th century is characterized by the semicircular nail heads, which are far more than purely ornamental. Three of them hide the keyholes for opening the safe. Accordingly, the door can be opened only with three different keys – a sophisticated trick lock. The corpus itself is made of French oak wood and is fitted with metal hinge bands. These decorative fittings are plated with 24-karat yellow gold.