Legends No. 152
Legends safe no. 159 is a masterpiece of unsurpassed opulence. It was built by the firm Meinecke in 1873 in what is today Wroclaw, Poland. Its huge size and the evident splendor of the 24-karat gold-plated fixtures and fittings testify to the flourishing economy of the once fifth-largest city in the German Empire. In appearance, the safe is typical for the Wilhelminian age, yet its size is unusual. Inside it, we find thirty-two automatic watch winders, six jewelry compartments with a number of inserts for rings and colliers and a larger compartment for securities and documents. 1873 The more than one-ton piece is lacquered all over with a black concert grand finish and, in addition to the visible system of bolts on the inner doors, has concealed locking mechanisms integrated within the door paneling. The safe fulfills the highest demands for security, can be connected to an alarm system and has been fitted with the electronic Döttling locking system. The retrofitted security engineering is entirely hidden so that it doesn’t impair the original aesthetic of the safe. The unit used to enter the safety code is also completely concealed.